April 21, 2014

R is for Reading

I am caught up!  Yippee!  Why do I let myself fall behind?  

I am glad you stopped by tonight!  For the letter R, I have to share my reader.  

As a treat for the kindergarten class, they get to go with their teacher and read a book to the "little kids."  They practice in their classroom for a bit and then get to make an appointment with another class to go in and read.  On Friday, Darbee got to come to the class I work with and read a book to us.
I was one proud mama.  The book she read was super long.  It took almost 20 minutes!  Our kids were so good and so attentive to her.  She did great!!

That is her teacher, Ms. Susan, holding the book for her.
She is such a sweet teacher!  Darbee loves her.


She got a star reader sticker and a certificate from her teacher.  
She got a prize from me too! :)


She had her first real spelling test on Friday too.  
Look what she made!

Yippee!  


Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. WTG Darbee. Good job. Thanks for sharing- very sweet pics.

    Dropping by from A to Z
    Suzy at Someday Somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for Darbee Rae! Your pics are priceless. I remember a few from past posts like your moms hands and Darbee Rae in her poses. Both priceless and precious..and I believe you would be a great photographer! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog on your A-Z journey! It's really nice to meet you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum used to tell a story about how she got into books. Her grandfather put the books he wanted her to read on the top shelf, and told her that she wasn't ready for them yet... worked like a charm. She did the same thing to me. I was a little more stubborn than her, but I got bit by the reading bug.

    Cheers,
    David
    http://towerofthearchmage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete