April 05, 2014

E is for Embroidery

Good afternoon!  I won't invite you in today because I have some sort of stomach bug.  Ugh!  It has been a picture perfect day here in the south and I have spent most of it in the bed.  Horrible.  I really hope it's over soon and I can enjoy our spring break!

For the letter E, I am sharing my embroidery machine with you today.  I have always wanted to be able to monogram Darbee's clothes myself and make her those cute appliqued shirts.  When I got my machine for Christmas, I was beyond excited.  It has taken me a while to learn but I am loving it and loving making her all sorts of things.  

I saw a picture on an embroidery forum of a machine riser that would allow you to stitch shirts much easier.  I sent my dad the dimensions and he delivered.  He is so good.

He even added a neat little drawer on the end to hold my bobbins.
How clever. 

He made it and Darbee Rae stained it. 

I love it and it makes things so much easier.


See how it keeps the shirt up under the machine so it doesn't risk getting caught in the hoop?  
Perfect.



I will share a few things I have made so far.








Hope all of you are having a great weekend!

Until next time....




6 comments:

  1. I love embroidered things. Your dad made an awesome machine riser! I enjoyed reading your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nive embroidery work. I have sewing machines, but not one that embroideries.

    Sunni
    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have been ill, hope by now the worst is past.
    Love your machine, and love that riser he made for you!
    He sure is talented. She did a great job on the staining. i have been enjoying your letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the machine riser...makes it easier to embroider. I can remember when I had my sewing/embroidery machine that I had the same problem you did. A few years ago I got a small professional embroidery machine since I was doing so much embroidery for the schools, fire department, and for my shows. Isn't embroidery so much fun to do!!
    Hope you feel better soon.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon! Such cute work with the embroidery!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is the second in a row I have seen on the subject. How ironic! Your stuff is too cute.
    Coming over from that A-Z challenge.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete