April 24, 2014

U is for Up town....

Good evening!  It's almost the weekend!  Yay!  We only have three more weeks of school left.  Can you hear me cheering?  I am so ready to be out.  

We live in what used to be a small town.  To many it is still considered small, but to me it is pretty big.When I think of a small town, I think of a quaint little town that still has a neat downtown area and beautiful homes.  I think of small coffee shops and neighborhood pharmacies where the pharmacists know your name. I think of community gatherings and festivals.  Our town is still somewhat like that but it is growing so fast.  

Twice each year, our town has a "Taste of Newnan."  Local restaurants and business come out and set up tents around our court square and have all kinds of yummy things to eat.  You purchase tokens and then buy your food with tokens.  We enjoy going each time.  It gives you a way to try out new restaurants without dining there and purchasing a full meal.  It was tonight.  Hubby had to work late but Nana just happened to be in town.  I called her and she wanted to go.  She has never been so it was a double treat!  She was able to walk and I was so thankful!  We had so much fun.

Darbee isn't too adventurous with food.  She stuck to the trusty Chick-fil-A nuggets.

The streets are blocked off on two sides of the square and people fill the streets.  
It was packed!



We tried fried Oreos. 
I have to admit I wasn't a big fan of them. 


Darbee sure enjoyed her Frigid Frog icee. Can't you tell?


It was a good afternoon!

Until next time....
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks to you and Darbee Rae and of course God for restoring my health, I have been able to enjoy a lot of "first" for myself lately. Enjoyed the evening so much. Always enjoy being with you and Darbee Rae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want what Darbee's having. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a great time.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in one of the small towns you described...we only have 2500 people in town and I work at the Pharmacy and not only do we know the names but also when the prescriptions are ready to be filled and sometimes have them ready before the people even call. The people at the grocery store say didn't you forget...when you buy the same thing every week! LOL
    Love your post, especially the color of the teeth and tongue!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete