June 10, 2012

Summer Playdates...

Good evening everyone!  It's a very soggy one here in GA.  They are predicting near an inch of rain this evening and more over the next several days.

We have had a very busy week and weekend!  Although I haven't been working since February and we have been home, it's amazing how our "summer" has been so busy!  It has been a lot of fun and I look forward to much more fun times ahead.

I have always committed myself when I have been home with Darbee and not working to keep her involved and busy.  When we were home several years ago, we were involved in our local library's lap time once a week which was a lot of fun.  It was a fun class for Darbee to interact with children her age and learn lots.  Last year, I enrolled her in a class called Puddle Jumpers which was a mommy and me class that was tons of fun.  It was like a preschool day all rolled into about an hour long class.  We attended that for two sessions.

Now that we are home again, I feel like I am scrambling to get it all in before she starts school.  It feels weird to know that my time is limited and that I have to now think on a different frame of mind and know that my baby will be "back to school" soon.  Wow...where did time go.  Luckily, she doesn't start until after Labor Day, so we still have quite a bit of time left to squeeze in all the fun we can. I have seen many posts about summer bucket lists and love those!  I have set out to create a list for us.  I will share when I have it done. Smile..

Darbee Rae finished up swimming lessons on Friday and boy was she glad!  She has already let me know she wants to go back next year, but she still doesn't want to put her head under the water then either!  Ha!

On Thursday after swim lessons, a friend of mine and her little girl Bayleigh came over for a playdate.  Darbee Rae was so excited.  I think that's what got her thru her swim lesson!  Ha!
Bayleigh's mom (Stephanie) and I were friends in high school and have kept in touch since.  Since we've both had kids, we have became closer and spent more time together.  I am so thankful!  Darbee and Bayleigh get along great and have a lot of fun playing together.

They brought over a pizza, so we started out with lunch out on the deck.  I think both girls were too excited to eat, so we quickly headed out to play.
It was hot, so water was the first activity.  They played in Darbee's pool for a LONG time!
I had to share this picture.  It just cracks me up!  
Now that's fun!

They stopped just long enough for me to snap a pic. of them and then quickly got busy again.

It's amazing what water toys entertained them.  I brought out some Barbie dolls and a few toys but you know what entertained them for the longest time?
White styrofoam cups.  Ha!  Did they fill and pour with them? NO!  
What did they do?

They made casts of course!  It was so cute.  They worked forever on getting their casts just right for their "broken bones."  Funny how quickly a "cast" cures a "broken bone" huh?  Made it all better enough to jump on the trampoline!  Ha!

Next was the sprinkler. 

I don't think Bayleigh was a big fan of getting her hair wet..
She got creative and made a hat!  Hehe...These girls make me smile.

Next, we headed inside for dress up.  
Oh yeah...this was entertaining. 


Oh don't I wonder what she was thinking!

Then it was snack time...

I love how they had to divide the M&M's.  It was the cutest thing ever.

Then it was time to head back out for a drive.  LOL



What a fun time we had!  
We can't wait to get together with them again!

On Saturday was yet another play date with one of Darbee's friends from dance class, Katie.
We met them at Monkey Joe's.
Needless to say, they had a blast!
Darbee was happy to see Katie since we haven't been to dance in a while and was eager to play!
I enjoyed the adult time.  It's so nice to be able to sit and chat with a friend sometimes.  We look forward to getting together with them again soon too!

Whew!  Are you tired?  I know I am...I am ready to slow down for a bit this week and take it easy!
Nothing much planned for this week except maybe a brunch one day for some girlfriends. 

Has your summer been busy?  

Yesterday, I had the entire evening to myself for some mommy time.  Hubby and Darbee Rae headed out to the park and I wanted to do some crafting.  I got out my Cricut machine and my sewing machine and had a blast.  Will update you on my projects soon.

I hope all of you have had a great weekend.  
Until next time....



5 comments:

  1. So very precious!!1 I cherised those times so much when my girls were little.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did have a busy week. I missed you girls, but so glad you have more friends and friends for Darbee Rae. Gave these old bones a break. Love ya
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! Brings back memories of when my 2 girls were little.
    Have a great week.
    blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute.
    Nothing like fun spring/summer days!
    Hugs
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your lazy, crazy days of summer! I know you will. You are an awesome Mom and the love for Darbee by all of you show. However, she is VERY easy to love!Can't wait to see you all again.

    ReplyDelete