June 18, 2012

Fun Father's Day

Good evening friends.  I hope all of you had a great weekend and a happy Father's day.  We had a good day here and for that I am thankful.

Darbee Rae had informed me the day before that we had to be sure and get presents for "all of her men."  Ha!  That cracked me up.  She went back and added "for all of her men in her family."  How cute.

We started off our morning by giving hubby his presents.  Darbee Rae was so excited.  She always gets excited about giving a present to someone.  She is so cute.  We worked very hard on hubby's present, so I was ready to give it to him too.  He has his own office at  work, so we thought this would be a good gift to "decorate" his work space.
I love that picture of the two of them.  They were sitting out on the porch one day and I was able to sneak some really cute pictures of them.  I love her silly face.  They sit out there often and have some good "deep" conversations.  I love it.  I loved the poem I found for it too.  If you make the picture larger, you should be able to read it.  It fits the two of them perfectly. She drew a picture of the two of them throwing a ball.  (Smile)...perfect.  He loved it.

We also made key chains for "all her men."  Ha!  I loved how these turned out.  We used Shrinky Dinks.
Will definitely do this again.

I love how she wrote their names.  She told me she was putting the dots on their names like I do to make them cute.  Love it.
Yup...she's gonna be just like her mama.

I love how she made each one different.



Here she is giving daddy his gift.



We surprised Grandaddy (hubby's daddy) and went to church with him.
Afterward, we met Nana and Papa for lunch.  They came back to our house for gifts.

She had to help Papa open his.  He got a new Bible cover.

We also found a really cool workshop book.  They enjoyed looking at it together.

We spent the afternoon at Grandaddy's visiting with hubby's brothers and sisters.  It was great.  
Grandaddy was proud of his gift too.  

Our last "man" was uncle Pete.  Darbee calls him Papa Pete.  She thinks of him as a grandparent too.  He is a candy-aholic if that is a word.  Hehe.  He loves chocolate.  So...thanks to Pinterest, we found a perfect gift for him.
I loved how it turned out.  
Even I was excited to see how he liked it.


Yes...he loved it!


As you can see, Darbee Rae had dressed herself in her "cool clothes" as she calls them.  Hehe...one day she will look back on these pictures and smile. I love her carefree style though.  

Pete wouldn't eat any of his card.  He told us he would save it for a few days and make sure everyone had a chance to see it.  
I am so glad he loved it.

I am thankful for my daddy and for the example he is for me.  I am thankful for the daddy he was and still is to me and for the memories I have with him.  I am thankful for what he has taught me.  I am thankful for the relationship we have and that I could go to him for anything.  
I am thankful for my husband and for the wonderful daddy he is to our little girl.  I am thankful for our relationship and our life together. I am truly a blessed girl and I know it.  

I hope all of you had a great start to your week...
We have a busy week ahead as Darbee Rae is taking swim lessons again!  I will blog about that maybe tomorrow...she is doing MUCH better this time.  

Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. Cute post! You guys are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Holly you said it best..You are blessed..To cute Darbee and her "men"..smile...Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. You are raising a very loving girl.
    You are blessed.
    Hugs
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like all of the men in Darbee Rae's life received some awesome presents! Love that candy poster for Papa Pete. Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete