June 19, 2012

Meet Cuddles....

Good evening everyone. Hope you all are having a good week thus far. We are busy yet again this week. I will get to that in a minute.

I have someone I want you to meet.



This is Cuddles.
Cuddles is a very special bear in our household. Just after Darbee Rae turned two, she was VERY attached to her pacifier. She had got to the point where she would specifically ask for one by color and design. "Mommy, I want my pink pappy with flowers on it" is what she would say. Ha! I knew then it was past time to get rid of it.
I had seen a cute idea in a magazine that I knew I wanted to do. So...off to Build a bear we went. I explained to her before we went what we were going to do. She knew that she would no longer have a pacifier, but she would have a new bear to sleep with. I made sure I cleared the house of all of the other ones before we left because trust me she is a smart girl and I knew she would be on the hunt for one.
So, she picked out her bear, stuffed her paci's inside and picked out an outfit. We headed home with a happy little girl and a very nervous mama.
What was the first thing she did when we walked thru the door at home? Yup...headed straight for her stash. Yes...it was a long cry when she realized they were gone, but it didn't last too long. Cuddles quickly became her new best friend. She slept with her EVERY night and she went with us pretty much everywhere. When she started preschool, Cuddles went each day. On her first trip to the dentist, Cuddles went. With each big milestone, Cuddles has been there. Still to this day, Cuddles is her best bud. She gets new clothes for her when we go to the mall and she loves her to death.
When Darbee got glasses, I knew what was coming next. Yes, Cuddles had to have them too. That's just what we did. Last week, we headed over to Douglasville to the Build a bear store and bought some glasses. I couldn't believe it when we walked in and they had brown glasses almost exactly like Darbee's. Yes, we got them and a few other things as well.



Doesn't she look cute? I love it. Also, do you notice her clothes? Yes...Cuddles now has a bathing suit and matching towel. What did she need it for? Well....
Last week, Aunt Kate called and wanted to know if we would be interested in another week of swim lessons. I kind of cringed at the thought of going thru another week of hearing Darbee cry about not wanting to go under water and how much she didn't want to go to swim lessons. I told her to let me talk to Darbee and my hubby and see what they had to say. Darbee was surprisingly thrilled at the idea and Hubby was all for it. Why not? I made it clear to Darbee that if she agreed to go this time and try it again, she would go every day and she would go under and she would not cry. So, Monday, we began a new week of swim lessons at a different pool. This one is heated and not as deep. Darbee can touch over pretty much all of the pool which has been great. Yes, Cuddles has came along to "watch her be a big girl and learn to swim and go under." has it worked? Yes ma'am! She is doing GREAT! Cuddles is watching and getting a suntan while Darbee swims. I am so proud of her. She has been under water many times and hasn't cried! Yay!



Here she is on Monday before her first lesson. She was very nervous, but still excited.







YouTube Video


YouTube Video

I am so proud of her and thankful for Cuddles!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. So glad she is doing good this week. Cuddles has been a life saver, huh? Love you both
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she has Cuddles to help her with lifes changes and bumps in the road. I love what you did with the pacifier! You are one smart mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story of Cuddles. Reminded me of my yellow and pink bunny. That pool looks inviting too! Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pictures and the story of Cuddles! :)

    ReplyDelete