April 17, 2012

Cherish the moments....

Good evening friends.  It is with both a happy and a heavy heart I write to you tonight.  Ever had that feeling?  So thankful for something but so sad for someone else at the same time?  
Today, I feel that way.   A precious little four year old girl was playing happily at home with her baby brother earlier in the week and collapsed.  She was taken to our local hospital and then flown to a children's hospital in Atlanta.  She never regained consciousness and they never determined what happened.  She passed away this morning.  Wow...four years old.  Don't you think that stopped me in my tracks and made me hug my four year old little girl a little tighter?  
I can't imagine what the family must be going through.  I even begin to fathom what it would be like.  I know somehow God would see me through, but I just can't see myself ever handling something like that.  
So, Today, I have been very thankful yet very sad at the same time.  
I took the day to just sit and watch Darbee Rae play.  To hug her every time she crawled in my lap.  To tell her "I love you."  To cherish each little moment because none of us know when God will call us home.  

It makes me step back for a minute and look at life and think.  

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."


Be happy.
"Everything in life need not be perfect to be perfect."


Surround yourself with those you love.
"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."

Go for it.
" Life is a journey and only you hold the map."

Take time to enjoy precious moments.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve
me and I learn."

Try something new
"You miss 100% of the shots you do not take."

Be yourself.
"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing is
giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming
yourself."

Smile
"Wrinkles are mementos of smiles we've had."

Love
"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were
born, I loved you. Before you were an hour old, I would die
for you. This is the miracle of life."

Be silly!
"You don't quit laughing because you've grown old.  
You grow old because you quit laughing."

Think.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are
the window through which you must see the world."

Dance.
"It's easy to stand with the crowd; It takes
courage to stand alone."


Cherish memories.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because 
it happened."

Cherish priceless moments.
"You aren't wealthy until you have something money
can't buy."

Hold hands.
"You have two hands.  One to help yourself, the 
second to help others."

Pray.
"When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the
morning light, for your life and strength. Give 
thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason
for giving thanks, the fault lies within yourself."

Do something that makes you happy.
"Be happy while you're living, you're a long
time dead."

Spend time with those you love.
"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire
evening would be in the palm of my hand."

"Think freely. Smile often. Tell those you love that you do. Rediscover old friends. Make new ones. Hope. Grow. Reach out. Pick some flowers. Share them. Keep a promise. Laugh heartily. Let someone in. Hug a child. Slow down. See a sunrise. Listen to rain. Trust life. Have faith. Enjoy. Make mistakes. Learn from them. Explore the unknown. Celebrate life."

Be thankful my friends for each day.
Tonight as I head to bed, I will thank God for giving me another day with my family and yes, I will hug
my little girl a bit tighter.
























9 comments:

  1. A wonderful post. I am crying so hard. All of it is so true. We are certainly blessed everyday that God let's us see daylight. I am going to bed with a thankful heart and saying a prayer for that family. Love you, Darbee Rae and Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking some of the same things all day... my kids definitely got extra hugs and kisses too. You took all of my thoughts and tied them together so eloquently! I am so thankful to have such a wonderful friend like you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hollie, I too am crying because every thing ou said is true. Enjoy and embrace every moment is something we don't take time to do. I am so sorry about the little girl. How hard that must be. We had a 7 year old get killed by a board that fell in our neighborhood a couple of weeks ago. Life is short. On a brighter note I loved the pictures of one of my 2 favorite little girls. She is a blessing to a lot of us. thanks for sharing her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sad thing to happen.Your meesage was beautiful today.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post!! A wonderful reminder to cherish life!

    Have a wonderful day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly...Beautiful post! A reminder to cherish everyday and not to take things for granted.
    Saying a prayer for the family that lost their little girl.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely post, dear girl.. And so true..
    Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always so sad but something about them being the same age as your child really hits you hard. I'm like you, I cannot imagine how I could ever go on but only for the grace and love of God could we manage. Life is truly precious, each second we often take for granted. So sorry for this life that is gone, but thank you Holly for your words to encourage us to love a little bit more!

    I enjoyed your pictures, but my favorite has to be the stickers on the face. That really cracked me up and such a good sport he is!

    ReplyDelete