October 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Darbee Rae

Wow!  I can't believe it am writing this post to wish my baby girl a happy 5th birthday.  Where did the time go?  It seems like just yesterday, she was like this
or this
 and now, she is turning 5.  

I have made it a tradition to write a birthday letter each year to her, so here it goes.

Dear Darbee Rae,
Wow.  You are such a big girl now.  You have been waiting to turn 5 for so long now.  When people ask you how old you are, you have been telling them 4 1/2 forever.  Just the past week or so, Pete told you to tell them you were 5 and 7/8.  Lately, that has been your reply.  Ha!
Well, happy birthday girl.  You are now 5!

It seems like you are growing up so fast.  You are so independent and want to do everything for yourself.  I hope you stay very independent.  You are strong willed and like things your way.  You have to learn sometimes that it can't always be your way. :)  You don't really like to clean up your stuff but are getting better with that.  

You are very sweet and want to please everyone.  You get your feeling hurt easily if anyone gets on to you.  You strive to make everyone happy. 

You hate to go to bed.  I believe you would stay up all night!  You take a long nap in the evenings now that you are in school which helps.  You still hate to go to sleep even then.  You have never liked sleep!

Speaking of school, you started pre-k this year and are doing GREAT! You love it.  Ms. Shanna seems to be a good teacher.  You are very excited to go each day and that makes me happy.  I enjoy the few hours you are there too.  It gives both of us a break and I know you are having fun with your friends.  You have learned about 8 sight words so far and can't wait to learn to read.  Your vocabulary is expanding too.  Just today, you asked me what hilarious meant.  Your new word is "actually."  You use it all the time even when you don't use it right.  Ha!  You are writing your first, middle and last name great.  You know how to spell mommy and daddy's name and you know both of our phone numbers and our home address.  You are so smart!
You can count to 100 by 10's and up to 100 by 1's.  You are very eager to learn and that makes me happy.  Keep it up girl!

You are getting your own little group of friends.  I enjoy getting together for playdates with them and enjoy talking with their mommies.  Katie and Bayleigh are who you see the most.  You girls play good together and have a lot of fun.  

You love to decorate and it makes me smile.  You have to take something home from Nana's each time we visit her house to decorate at home with.  :)  You keep flowers in a vase in your play kitchen and ask me often what season it is and if you need to change the flowers yet.  It is precious.  

You are playing T-ball and seem to really enjoy it.  You are on the team with Bayleigh and you two are so cute.  This has been a fun time and a new experience.  I'm not sure if you will stick with it though because you are eager to try cheerleading.  Guess we might try that in the spring.  

You are learning to try new foods and eating a little better.  You are still VERY picky and don't like to try a lot of new things.  You have a bad habit of smelling stuff before you taste it and if it doesn't smell good, you won't try it.  Guess you got that from aunt Kakee huh? 

Your love for Jesus is amazing.  You amaze me with some of the stuff you come out with sometime and you humble me often.  I love to hear you pray and it makes my heart smile.  I hope you always keep your love for Jesus and always turn to him for everything. You enjoy singing in church and don't mind getting up in front of everybody. 

You still enjoy snuggling although those times are few and far between. :)  You and I are so close and I cherish that.  I hope that continues.  You are my life and I can't even begin to tell you how much I love you.  I am so proud of you and the precious little girl you are.  
Happy birthday baby girl.  I love you!
-Mommy

Until next time....

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Darbee!!
    God bless you, I know your family loves you so much. You are a very special person and have a kind heart. You are good to other people. I love seeing your photos on your blog & your Nana's too, you have so much fun. I hope the entire time you are 5, that you learn so much. It is wonderful just reading about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Miss Darbee! Finally 5 ..smile..Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Darbee Rae. You are one more blessed and loved little girl. Your parents are doing such a wonderful job teaching you what is most important in life. Nana and Papa are so proud of you and your parents. Hoping you have a wonderful exciting day.
    Hugs and Kisses
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Darbee, happy birthday! You are a special little girl, loved by many. Many of the people who love you have not got to meet you in person. I am blessed to be one who has. I love hearing you sing and for your information, Betty Crowe thinks you are IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Darbee Rae. I bet it was a great time. Your mom and dad sure love you. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Sweet Darbee Rae.
    You truly are a special little girl.
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday.
    Hugs
    Granny Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday Miss Darbee Rae!!

    I know you had a wonderful day!!

    Big hugs to you~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! Happy Birthday, Darbee Rae!

    I actually have decided to write Declan a letter also with his milestones. He turned 1 month old on Monday and so my latest post is on that. :)

    ReplyDelete