December 05, 2014

A Fun Holiday Craft





Good evening! It's been a fun day here at home. Darbee woke up with a sore throat. AGAIN. The first thing I did was check her throat and sure enough, I found white spots. What does that mean? Strep....again. This is the 4th time since August. Enough!! She has surgery set for Dec. 29. We are just trying to make it till then. Luckily, her doctor is on top of things and aware of what is going on. She called her in some medicine without me having to take her in. Thankfully, it just started and she doesn't feel bad and isn't running a fever. I am just praying she will stay well for Christmas.
Thank you to all of you who have commented elf names. Miss Darbee will choose her favorite tonight and I will announce the winner tomorrow. 
We worked on school work this morning and finished up this week's assignments. I can't believe the school year is nearly half over! I still couldn't be happier with our choice. It is the perfect fit for our family.
After our work was done, we tried a new recipe for microwave fudge. It turned out really good and was so super simple! 
Then we tried a new craft project. We made puffy paint window clings. I found the link here.
It was so easy. We printed out the patterns and taped wax paper down over them.



 We traced the designs with the puffy paint and added our own special touches.

Darbee loved this! She did such a good job. The hard part is waiting for them to dry overnight.

I can't wait to peel them up tomorrow and put them on our door. I will be sure and post a picture. 
We had such a good time making these. 

I hope you all have had a good Friday and are looking forward to a fun weekend. 

Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. Sorry that Darbee is sick with strep again, poor kid! :(
    The window clings look fun!

    Merry Christmas!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool.
    I hope you feel better soon sweet girl.
    Christmas HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your baby is sick. :( I am looking forward to seeing how the window clings turn out. We might have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no poor Darbee I will say extra prayers that she continues to feel fine for Christmas!
    I have seen the cling idea on Pinterest and wondered if it works. I can't wait to see them!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete