December 16, 2013

Ornament Swap and thoughtful friends

Hello again!  I am trying to do better by keeping up with posting more often.  I have been so behind and really not in the mood to post.  But things are great now!  We are all in the Christmas spirit and looking forward to the holiday.

I participated in the ornament swap that Amy over at Bumble Bee Lane hosted.  This was my second time participating.  I love the swaps she does!  

I received the cutest ornaments!  
I have already placed them on my tree.

I love this little snowman ornament.  It was from Danice over at Homespun Hannah's Blog.  I am not a follower of her blog but am looking forward to visiting and getting to know her.  Thanks Danice!  

Isn't this little gingerbread the cutest?  He looks good enough to eat!  
It was from Marsha over at Tattered Chick.  I had never visited her site until now either.  I love making new blogging friends!


I also got this neat quilt block ornament from Allison over at Sew Many Girls.
Yet another new site to me.  


If you have never joined in a swap, you should!  It's a lot of fun.

At the end of last year, everyone was doing the pay it forward on their blogs and on Facebook.  I too jumped in and had several sign up on my post.  I have to admit, I have been a bad friend.  I haven't sent my goodies out yet.  I honestly forgot about it.  Oops!  I still have the names and promise you will get a package from me.  It won't get to you before the end of the year but I promise it will come.  I will carry it over into next year.  

Last week though, I received a surprise package in the mail. A pay it forward.  It came at just the right time to put a big smile on my face.

Look at these cute "candies."  These were from Janice over at Prims By The Water
I love these!  Thank you Janice.  You made my day.

If that wasn't enough, I went to the mailbox today and found another package!  Another Pay it Forward.  This one was from Jessica at Blessings in the Country.
Just look at all of these goodies!
Thank you Jessica!  
I love it all, especially the pin keep.  

It has been a good day! We are officially on Christmas break!  Yippeeee!   Darbee and I took lunch to Nana's and helped her make divinity.  Yummy!

We have a fun shopping day planned for tomorrow.  Hope all of you are having a good week.

Until next time....



5 comments:

  1. Cute ornies! I haven't been able to do a swap in about a year, I so miss them!

    Janice's Christmas candies are very cute!

    I am very happy to see the package I sent got there so quickly. I wanted to send it last month, but wasn't able to. God's timing!

    My great grandma made divinity too; a labor of love, and everyone's favorite. Ahh memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you got your joy back! You've had a rough patch and I'm sure people understand life happens.Surprises are wonderful anytime. I tried the pay it forwards and didn't enjoy the rules and pressure I've always just did raks. Warm Blessings! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute ornies. Love the pinkeep pllow tuck. Maybe I will do a swap soon. Sounds like fun. Looking forward to shopping after doctors visit. Got lots of catching up to do. Love you
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the great ornies you've gotten!! The Christmas candies are too cute--gave me some ideas :) Merry Christmas, Holly, to you and your family!! ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the Swaps really are a lot of fun. 'So glad you like the ornie that I made. All of the ornies are so adorable. Prim holiday blessings :)

    ReplyDelete