December 04, 2012

Holiday Happenings

Good evening dear friends!  I hope each and every one of you have had a great day and had something to make you smile.
I am doing a little catch up post to update you on a few of our holiday activities we have done already.
Isn't it hard to believe that Christmas is only three weeks away!  Eeeekk!  Are you ready?  I am not.  I have most of Darbee's done, but that's it.  Nothing for hubby.  Nothing for my parents.  Nothing cooked.  Yikes!  This girl better get busy!
I haven't got too much done in the last week.  My father in law's funeral was last Sunday.  Darbee woke up that morning not feeling good.  Wasn't sure what was going on.  She made it to the funeral and sat with Nana and Papa but wasn't herself the rest of the day.  That evening, she started running a fever and had a congested cough.  The next day was rough.  She was so sick.  Fever, cough, sore throat.  The doctor couldn't get her in that day, so that evening, we headed to a new kids urgent care clinic that just opened.  That place is FABULOUS!  They gave her juice while we waited and are sooooo good with the children.  Turns out, she had the flu! Luckily, she was in the time window to get Tamiflu, so after one dose, she was good.  She was much better the next day.
By that evening, I had a little cough and was feeling pretty rough myself.  I ended the night with a 102 fever and chills.  I knew I had it too!
I headed to the doctor the next morning and yup...I had it too!  I too headed home with some Tamiflu.  Hubby had the flu shot but he ended up with it as well.  Ugh!  We had a rough week last week!  Not too much got done.  Darbee was out of school until Thursday.  She was well enough to go and I was so glad she was.
Her class had been invited to sing at Barnes and Noble that morning.  It was the cutest thing.  They did soooo good!
Aren't they cute?  It's really hard to dress your VERY hot natured child in
Christmas clothes when it is 70 degrees outside!  She can't get too hot or she will get sick. 
I am soo ready for cooler weather!  How can you get in the Christmas spirit when it is 75 degrees outside?

This is her teachers.  Ms. Shanna and Ms. Amanda.


They had motions for every song they sang.  They were hilarious!

On Saturday, it was Dec. 1, so our elf came back!
Darbee has been so excited for his return and wondering when the big day was going to ever get here! 
Early Saturday morning, the doorbell rang.
Darbee ran to the door but stopped when there was no car in the driveway.  I told her it was okay this time to open the door because "I just thought I saw the FedEx truck go by."  Maybe they had left us a package.  Hehehe!
They sure had!  It was all the way from the North Pole!

Can you tell she was just a little excited???
Oh yea. It was wonderful.

Just this one time taking him out of the box, she was allowed to hold him.
She was so happy to see him.

The box was also full of chocolates, the Elf on the Shelf movie 
and a letter from Santa!

Straight from Santa's desk!

She was one happy girl!

Elmer now resides in our house.  He moves every night and leaves prizes.  
It is so fun!

So far, he is being a bit mischevious!
The first night, he decided he was thirsty and wanted some orange juice!


The next night, just look at what he did!  He decorated our Christmas tree
with Darbee Rae's panties!  What a goofy elf!


She thought this was the funniest thing ever!

Last night, Darbee wanted to make some coffee filter snowflakes.
She learned how to make them and then made a million!
Elmer must have liked them because he hung all of them on the blinds this morning.

They were everywhere!

He is such a funny elf!
We have a lot of fun with him!

And last of all, our annual Christmas parade was Sunday. 
It is always a family tradition to go watch it.  It is so much fun.  Only this year, it wasn't cold.  It was in the low 70's!  
We had fun anyway!
It was weird wearing short sleeves and capris!  :)
Darbee Rae had fun with her camera too!  She had to take pictures of all of the floats she liked.  
She is just like me with a camera!  :)  
Watching for the parade to come!


This was the best float!  It was blowing out real snow!


I just love the look on her face when she saw Santa coming.


There he is!

We are having a happy holiday season so far!  I hope all of you are too.

Until next time!










9 comments:

  1. Hi Holly~

    It was nice catching up with you. Love how your elf has a mischief side. Panties on the tree...giggles.

    Have a wonderful evening~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. We play find the elf with the grands..so much fun and those elves are so mischeivious..not sure if I spelled that right...so glad that all of you are feeling better. I was under the weather myself on my birthday of all days. Take care and loved all of the pics! Take care, janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. so hoping you all are over that pesky flu, no fun at all!

    love seeing her activities, love following Elmer around too! have a wonderful week!

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a mischeivious little elf!! Panties on the tree made me giggle!!
    So glad you all are better after getting the nasty flu bug.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this elf on the shelf thing! I bet it is a blast doing it each night. Thanks for sharing everything. Sure put a smile on my face!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning
    Oh no the flu..
    So happy everyone is feeling better.
    We love the elf too. Love Darbees happiness.
    My grannys hid the elf saturday!
    Fun
    Woolie Hugs
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a exciting package the whole way from the North Pole!Such memories being made.I've been bah humbugging too as it's been warm here in PA it has to be cold for Christmas spirit..smile..Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is the sweetest ever!! I love hearing about her!!! We've had the flu too! Not me, but hubby and son in law! Hope you all are better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You all are such good parents! What a blessing for Darbee Rae. (I know you are blessed too, but the things you all do to make life happy for her, touches me) I am so happy to have crossed paths with all of you.

    ReplyDelete