September 28, 2012

Busy Fun Fabulous Fall

Hello everyone!  Happy Fall!
Fall is one of my favorite seasons.  I just love this time of year when the weather cools down, pumpkin patches open and the excitement of the upcoming holidays begins to creep in.  
This time is year is a VERY busy time for us.  Everyone in my family except my hubby has a birthday in October.  My mom, dad, aunt, cousin, Darbee Rae, and myself.  We celebrate all month!

This year has been a little more busy because of Darbee Rae's school activities and her new activity, T-Ball.

She wanted to give T-Ball a try and so we signed her up for fall ball.  She has had several practices and one practice game so far and she seems to really enjoy it!  They are so cute to watch. Her first game is Oct. 4.
She gets a uniform and everything.  She is thrilled.

She looks so little out there on that big field!

Fall also brings about a special excitement when the fair comes to town.
I can remember as a child when the fair would come, I would be sooo excited to get to go ride. 
Darbee Rae is no different.  Actually, I think I get just as excited now as I did when I was a child.  Hehe...It makes me so happy to take her and watch her have fun.

We went twice this year.  The second night we went, we met up with Ms. Stephanie and Bayleigh and Braxton. Darbee was thrilled to have a friend to ride with.  They were so cute and we all had a great time!

They hold hands no matter where we go.  
I love it.


There are two HUGE slides at the fair.  You have to climb a LOT of steps to get to the top.  
Darbee Rae didn't want to slide.  She was scared.  Hubby offered to go up with her and let her slide in his lap.  She decided that would work.  She would give it a try.  We went and got extra tickets for hubby and walked back to the slide.  While waiting in line for their turn, Darbee turns to us and says, "You know, I think I want to go by myself."  And that's exactly what she did.  She was very brave and went all the way up those steps right by herself.  
Guess my baby is growing up huh?
She loved it!  I think she ended up sliding 5 times!



Doesn't it look like they are having a blast?

I love this one.  


All of that riding made her thirsty!

Look at that huge drink!

They rode all of the kids rides and rode most of them more than once but they still wanted to ride one more.
They both wanted to ride the "big" ferris wheel.
I rode with them and it was a hoot.  They were so funny!

Here's our view from the top.
So pretty!

After we left, we asked them what their favorite ride was.  Guess what it was?  Yup...the ferris wheel.
We made lots of great memories.

The weather here has been rather warm this week.  I am ready for the very cool fall temperatures to come and stay!  Yesterday was a little better, so I surprised Darbee with a picnic when I picked her up from school.

We went to a local park right up the street from our house. 
She was so excited. 
She brought her baby along too.



Searching for clovers.


It was fun to spend time with her and chat about her school day.

Needless to say, we are busy but happy.  We are enjoying this wonderful season.
I hope all of you are too!

Until next time....















No comments:

Post a Comment