March 30, 2012

Three coins, a cup and a playdate....

I didn't get home till late last night so I didn't get to update you all on our Resurrection Eggs. 


Day 2:  Three coins
Our Story:  We read about Judas and how he betrayed Jesus.  Remember, I am reading these stories to a 4 year old, so I must simplify the stories. :)  We talked about what it means to betray and how Judas decided not to love Jesus.  We also talked about how it was so important to love Jesus even if our friends laugh at us or think it's not "neat."

Day 3:  A Cup
Our Story:  Today, we read about the passover cup.  Darbee Rae has learned about communion at church already, so she knew what the "juice" represented.  We talked about the representation of the juice and the bread.

She is REALLY enjoying these and gets really excited to read our story each morning. 

Her cross was finally dry, so Nana and Papa brought it to us this afternoon.
It looks so pretty with our stuff!  She did a great job painting it huh? 
I need to write the date on it so she can keep it.

Today was a fun day!  We had a playdate with Bayleigh.  Darbee LOVES playing with Bayleigh and I enjoy visiting with Ms. Stephanie. 
Where did we go? 
MONKEY JOE'S!!!!

They slid down the slides.

Laughed and jumped,

Acted goofy,

Played together,

Shared snacks,

Got sticky toys,
and had a GREAT time.

Tonight, I have one tired little girl! 
We've had a good day! 
I hope you have too.

Until next time........

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun day to me..
    Such a lovely way for her to learn about the Cross...
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darbee Rae was so sweet telling me the stories about those eggs yesterday. Glad you both had a fun playdate Friday. Looks like Darbee had a great time. Love you both
    Mama

    ReplyDelete