May 21, 2013

My Little Graduate

Good afternoon. 
It is a bright warm sunny day however, as I type I can't help but think of those in the storm affected areas that are so heartbroken today.  I thought nothing of waking up this morning and seeing my smiling girl's face.  It quickly hit me that some mama's and daddy's would give anything to be able to say good morning to their child again.  I thought nothing of heading to the bathroom to wash my face and then thought some families don't even have a home left.  My heart is heavy as I think about the victims of this terrible storm and ask you to join me in prayer for these families.

On a brighter note, I have a little graduate in the house.  She finally graduated from pre-k and is officially a kindergartner!  She is so excited and although it is only the 2nd day of summer break, she already misses school.  We have some fun activities planned for the summer to keep us busy.

Let's recap graduation.

Let me warn you, this is going to be a VERY heavy picture post.

Here is Darbee Rae in her cap and gown.  I thought these turned out so cute!
I already have this framed and displayed in the living room.  
I am so proud of her.

The day before the last day of school, we took in the teacher gifts.
I loved how these turned out.  It was a large zebra cooler bag with a beach towel, a pair of flip flops, a insulated cup and a box of candy all stuffed in a large tub.
They were so cute. They loved them.

On graduation day, I wanted to make everything so special.
I snuck outside the night before and decorated her car window with graduation window clings.
She was so excited to get in the car and find it.  


Graduation was so sweet.  Papa took time off from work to come.  Hubby took time off work to come.  Nana and Kakee came too.  Darbee was so excited.  If it had been left up to her, she would have had the whole community.   Ha!  She wanted everyone to see her. (SMILE)

Ms. Barbara, the director welcomed everyone before the graduates marched in.


Darbee was first in line.  She led the class in and up on the stage.
I think she was a little nervous.




I love her serious face.  She kept this face just about the entire program. 
It was so funny.  She told me afterward she was trying not to smile.  Why?  Who knows...


Ms. Shanna read a story that went from the beginning of the school year until the end and paused for them to sing a song that related to that time.  It was really neat.

They began with the pledge and a prayer. 

Then the songs...



Each song had motions or a dance.




They had practiced and practiced.  They never missed a beat.  
You could tell they had all worked really hard to learn it all.



For the final song, they used their guitars that we had to decorate.
They were all so cute.





After the songs, they got their diplomas from Ms. Shanna and Ms. Amanda, her teachers.
Darbee really loved these two.  They were super good teachers and for them I am thankful.
They set her on a good path for the beginning of her education.


Then it was picture time.
Here is her little class.


Then they had to be silly.  I love this one.
Can't you just tell how much fun Ms. Shanna is from her crazy face?  (She is the one
in the zebra jacket.)

Oh yea...there is always something fun and crazy going on in their room.

After the ceremony was over, there was more pictures. 
I love this one my mama caught of Shanna helping Darbee get her hat back on for a quick picture.


Nana gave Darbee flowers and I took her the stuffed animal holding a sucker.



This is Darbee and her friend, Matthew.


This is Darbee and Mia.


And one more with Ms. Shanna.



We had to get a few pics. with the family too.

Papa needs to smile huh?  Haha

Me and my girl.
I love this kid.

Kakee and Darbee Rae

My little family.

We went out to lunch where she was made to feel extra special too.
She chose Red Robin.
I had her a graduation button for her to wear.  
They noticed her button and brought her a huge ice cream sundae and sang "happy graduation" to her.
It was so cute and made her so happy.


When we got home finally, I had a few decorations for her.
This banner was across our front porch and she got to break through it.


There was a decoration on the door...


I had the inside decorated as well..







We finished out the week with a fun graduation party. 
Our friends came out to help us celebrate.














It was at the park where there was a sprinkler, so that was a lot of fun.




We have had such a good time.
I can't believe how fast my baby is growing up.  


Thanks for following along.

Until next time...

















  

5 comments:

  1. Wow.. Happy Day.. The time just flies and she will be graduating from high school.. So wonderful that you are enjoying every minute...
    God bless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun week. So proud of Darbee Rae. Hope I am around when it comes time to celebrate high school. Oh yes!! Love yall.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing the excitement, we are all so proud of her too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Darbee Rae! Congrats! Looks like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete