February 04, 2013

Whole Lotta Love Day 4

Good afternoon friends.  It's been a quiet day here.  I am excited to be planning a family get away for next week so I have spent quite a bit of time on the internet today "planning."  
In keeping up with the "Whole Lotta Love" posts, I must share my love for day 4.

My love for today is Darbee's school.

We had it all planned out.  I would still be teaching at the pre-k where I had been the last six years and Darbee Rae would attend pre-k there.  It would be perfect.  She would be in a classroom down the hall from me and life would be good.  Guess that was the first mistake huh?  God laughed at us and had other plans.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the place went into foreclosure and I am no longer employed.  
So....we were faced with the big decision about pre-k.  It is not mandatory in our state, but I wanted Darbee to go.  But where?  The elementary school we are in district for does not have pre-k.  They bus them to another school and bus them back for pick up in the afternoon.  NO WAY!  

We discussed several options and finally chose a private school in a church just up the road from our house.  I had heard nothing but good about it and knew several people who had children that attended there.  After touring and talking to the teachers and praying about it, we made our decision.  We just crossed our fingers there would be an opening come registration.
There was and she got in!  We couldn't have been happier.

Darbee absolutely adores school.  She loves her teachers and looks forward to going every day.
This morning, she had a rough cough and the sniffles.  I offered for her to stay home with me but she wasn't having it.  Today was science lab and she was not going to miss it.  This makes my heart so happy.  I am confident my girl has had a wonderful educational foundation set and will continue to have a love for learning.  

Fortunately, they also have a private kindergarten which Lord willing she will attend next year.  
We are again crossing our fingers that she gets a spot.  

So there you have it.  My love for today.

Until next time....



2 comments:

  1. Darbee Rae has already learned so much more than she would have in public school. I am so proud of the decision you and Stacy made. Seeing her so excited about going makes my heart sing.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so important to like the school your kids are going to. That's our dilema. When I got the phone call from the school I was transfering them to that told me they had to go to the one they were bound for because this one was getting to full......I cried like a baby to the principal. There was no way on this earth that my babies were going to go to the school they were suppose to. But, God knew my thoughts and prayers and made it ok. I still don't like the school, but I know my kids have to be there for a reason. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete