February 24, 2013

It Will All Be Worth It

Good Sunday afternoon friends!  I am glad you stopped by my blog today but if you were to knock on my front door, I would probably have a heart attack.  Why?  Well, we are remodeling our kitchen and making some changes around the house.  You all know what comes along with that.  A HUGE mess.  Ugh....that part I don't like.
We came back from vacation on Saturday and on Sunday started getting everything ready for a new floor in the kitchen.  That meant everything had to be moved out.  All appliances and everything.  I have my refrigerator in my den. My island in the living room.  It is a mess.  The stove is on the carport because we are getting a new one.  You can hardly walk thru any of the rooms.
Just take a gander....


BUT...I know it will all be worth it in the end.  
The floor was put down on Wednesday.  Just our luck, they were one piece short.  AND the floor is special order so that ONE piece had to be ordered.  It should be here and finished tomorrow.  That has kept up from moving the fridge or anything else back in there.  
We also had the cabinets painted.  So...that meant all of the counters had to be completely cleaned off.
More junk to add to the mess.  


They were already full from moving out the other furniture so all of that was just transported to another spot.  Do you get my drift?  Do you understand how messy my house is right now?  Ha!
This is the kitchen before.  The red walls stayed. 
I love them.  But the cabinets did get painted.  


This was the floor that is now totally different.

I can't wait to share with all of you the finished product.  
The new stove and microwave will be here tomorrow.  I am so excited.

Although everything was moved out and is now in such a mess, I feel like I have a blank canvas to start from.  How exciting!

There is also a huge project going on in our back yard.  You all know Papa "can do anything" in our eyes.  If it's broke, we call Papa before we panic.  If it needs building, we call Papa.  He holds us together.
So, when Ms. Prissy decided she wanted a playhouse who did she tell?  Papa.  It's been in the works for a while, but several weeks ago, Papa called from work and asked if we wanted to get started.  He had a 12' by 8' pallet that would be a perfect floor. 
I was just as excited as Darbee.  YES we said and the planning began.
For a while, it was her "stage" to dance and sing on.  She loved that.

Yesterday, Papa planned a work day.  He wanted to get started.  Thankfully, the rain held off all day and a lot was accomplished.  
Darbee Rae was so excited.  She was eager to help too.
She put on her work apron, got her markers and pencils and put them in the pocket, took a Coke in case she got thirsty and tucked her tape measure in the other pocket and out the door she went.  Ready to work.
She was a big help too.
She hammered

She held the tape measure for Papa

She marked off measurements

And hammered some more.

All of the walls are up except on the front and the roof has to be done.
It won't be long!

She already has it all planned out in her head.
She wants it pink and green and cutesy.  Nothing "prinitive."
It will definitely be all girl.  
I can't wait to decorate it with her.

I think I am just as excited as her.

So...a lot going on here but so much fun.

I hope all of you are having a happy Sunday.

Until next time...











16 comments:

  1. I think Papa enjoyed all the good help he had from both his girls. I can't wait to see everyting finished. I am so proud for all of you. Love ya
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I hate about projects too..the mess drives me crazy!! I grew up in an old farnhouse that had a floor like that. I remember my MOM hated it.
    Can't wait to see it done.
    The playhouse will be adorable and not prinitive.lol.

    Have a great week.
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...so excited to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so exciting, Holly.. it is something we need to do but I dread the mess of it all, too..
    Love the new playhouse.. Such a grand papa..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Holly
    Wow so exciting..
    A kitchen and a playhouse..
    Can't wait to see them all finished.
    Woolie hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait to see your kitchen redo and Darbee Rae;s playhouse. When I was a child, my gramma H converted one of her chicken coops into our playhouse. It was so much fun! I knoe Darbee Rae will remember her papa making her playhouse. Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! There is a lot going on at your house. Mike built our girls a playhouse when they were Darbee Rae's age this last fall we painted pink for Mollie!
    Can't wait to see your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting for you both!
    Can't wait to see your kitchen all finished.
    And a playhouse for Darbee, oh my! What a wonderful Papa she has.
    Can't wait to see it all finished and decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Holly...I know all to well about the mess of redoing a kitchen!! Can't wait to see yours when the remodeling is all done. We are planning on getting our new fridge and stove sometime in March.
    Darbee will sure have a lot of fun in her new play house.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting! Can't wait to see the end results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what an undertaking!!! It will be soooo worth it in the end. You will probably wonder along the way if it will be though:) You have a cute helper in there. I can't wait to see the progress. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cannot wait to see the other pictures. Love the pix of Darbee and Poppa. You know those are memories for both of them. You are so blessed with your Mama and Daddy. I feel blessed to know you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Big projects! Can't wait to see them finished. The playhouse looks like a good size :)
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot wait to see the finished kitchen and I know how all that is! Remodeling is very hard especially when you live in it. But I really can't wait to see Darbee Rae's play house! She is just a living doll!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my! So much excitement, dear friend! But, sooo exciting!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures. My dad is like that too. Hmm, we need to build or make something... Call Daddy. I am still his "little helper" when it comes to that! I understand fully the furniture/decor shuffle. That is my house right now! Still have not finished the redecor to accommodate two dogs that wrestle (Like right now. On the couch. Where I am!). I will pray that it goes smoothly! Can't wait for the pictures!!!!

    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holly,

    The mess part of remodeling is never fun, but the finished result is always so worth it! I can't wait to see your finished product!

    And Darbee Rae's playhouse will be so much fun! I like that she's involved and has her own ideas (not primitive...sounds like Luke). Guess they hear that word "primitive" enough, huh? She has a wonderful grandpa!

    Have a great weekend, Holly!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete