July 31, 2012

Today, I felt productive

Good evening friends.  
I hope you all have had a great day and had something to make you smile.

How could I not smile when I am greeted with this in my kitchen...

Oh yea...my own personal chef.  
I am not a huge fan of cooking.  Now don't get me wrong.  I love to cook when I want to or when it's something I really want.  BUT...to cook dinner everyday...ugh.  Not for me.  Luckily, hubby was a bachelor for a long while before we married and was used to eating out.  He doesn't mind eating out a few nights a week.  Yes...I am a lucky girl.

Today was one of those days when I wanted to cook.  So...that's what we did.  ALL DAY.  
I started off with vegetable soup.  This sounded good and I always cook enough to freeze some, so it was a win win.  I had my little helper right by my side all day.  She poured in all of the veggies and helped mix everything up.

Just look at that yummy soup.  Oh yes...it smelled so good cooking all day.  It was a HUGE pot full.  I have supper for tomorrow night and froze 3 quarts.  Perfect.

Next, was rice.  I had a new recipe for the crockpot that called for rice.  Darbee Rae helped me prepare the rice too. 
Once that was done, we put the chicken in the crock pot.  Combine all of those smells cooking today and my house smelled heavenly.  

Darbee had been asking for several days to make suckers.  We had bought a kids chocolate sucker making kit and she wanted to make them. I figured today was the day.  

So...we made suckers.  I had a happy girl. (smile)

She helped every second. 
She picked out blue vanilla chips.

She also enjoyed tasting the melted chips.  
They were a little warm, but she had no trouble cooling it off....

and enjoying every bit of it!

They turned out great.

We invited Grandmother and Granddaddy over for supper. 
The chicken and rice crock pot dish turned out wonderful.  We also had black eyed peas and some of Granddaddy's homemade tomato ketchup.  It was delicious.  

What was for dessert?  Yes..suckers. :)  We also had a freshly baked chocolate cake with homemade chocolate icing.  Yes...we were BUSY today!  

I feel a sense of accomplishment today.  All of the clothes are clean and a lot was cooked today.
Wow...I am a little tired tonight!

Relaxed this evening and watched the olympics.  Wow..they are amazing. 

I hope all of you have had a wonderful day as well.
Until next time....



3 comments:

  1. You and Miss Darbee Rae can come here tomorrow and cook for me while I work in the craft room. Hehe! Can get lots done when you spend the day at home and not out roaming.huh?
    Love you both
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Holly~
    Cooking up a storm over there are you~ Soupl looks good but I would love a sucker, yummy~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you two were on a roll! Nothing better than homemade soup. Nothing. Well maybe suckers.Love the pics of the chef in her hat!

    ReplyDelete