September 16, 2014

Let's Take a Little Trip

Good afternoon!  Are you having a good week so far?  It's been a busy one here.  I had lunch duty at Darbee's school today and then had to be back soon after for a first grade meeting.  We have another meeting tonight.  Whew!  Thank you all for your sweet well wishes for Darbee.  She is feeling MUCH better. 

Being busy is ok and I love it most days but sometimes and wish we were on vacation.  This summer we took a trip to a different place.  Somewhere we had never been before.  We went to Boone, NC.  On the way there, we made a pit stop in Lincolnton, North Carolina at NanBrook Farm Primitives and Antiques.  Oh my.  When we turned down the road, I could just tell from the sign I was going to like it. 


I was giddy like a kid.
I couldn't wait to get inside!


The scenery on the country road was so pretty!  Look at the view across the road.
It looked like a postcard.


The owner wasn't in while we were there but the nicest young man was working.  We told him where we were on the way to and he gave us lots of tips and ideas for our trip.  He was so kind to let me take some pictures for my blog too.  
Just take a look at this shop.  I could have spent ALL day!
I felt like I was missing stuff.  There was so much to see! 

Just look at all of that pewter!  Wow. 





Do you see why I didn't want to leave?  

I did leave with a bag full of goodies.


I would love to go back for fall and even more so for Christmas.  If you are ever in the area, it is well worth your time.  You will LOVE it!

Thanks for coming along!

Until next time....




4 comments:

  1. What a fun trip. I have seen this store online before and have wanted to go. Will youshare with us what you bought soon? Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome shop!! Sounds like you had a great trip.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of shop! I agree you should share your goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, it does look like a wonderful primitive store, especially in that rustic building!
    So glad little Darbee is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete