September 04, 2013

Getting back to a routine....

Good morning friends.  Do you smell that yummy pot of vegetable soup simmering on the stove?  If you come back to visit this evening, I will share some with you!  It smells so yummy.  
How in the world am I up and already have supper simmering on the stove?  How do I already have the beds made and all of the laundry done?  
My girl went back to school yesterday.  Can you tell I'm a bit lonely?  My house is clean. The laundry is folded.  I am lost!  
I know we will soon settle into a routine and I will probably enjoy some days of having the mommy time to myself but I will admit to anybody I am lost without her.  Is that good that we are so close?  I don't know. I think so. It was the same with my mom and myself.  Still is. Smile We have something most people don't understand or don't want.  I have never met another friend that is as close to their mom and I am or as Darbee is to me.  I love it.  Wouldn't trade it for the world.
Anyway....enough of that....If I keep rambling, you won't have to come back for supper..you can just stay on!  Hehe.

We had a nice holiday weekend.  We spent most of it at the craft fair mama and daddy set up at each Labor day weekend.  It was nice weather and they had an awesome show.  Their booth was pretty much wiped out on the last day.  It was empty!  That's a good thing.
Darbee enjoyed every minute of it.  She was right alongside Papa helping him put the tent up.

She even stole our fans to keep her doll Emily cool. Smile.


She had fun bagging up purchases and handing out business cards to those who asked. 
It won't be too long and she will want to be handling the money! Ha.

When we came home on Monday night to get ready for the first day of school, there was a package on our door steps. (wink)
Apparently, a back to school fairy had came to visit Darbee Rae!
She couldn't believe it.  She couldn't wait to get inside and open it up.
Inside were several fun goodies like a Ripley's Believe It Or Not book and some gum.
There was also a new pair of pajamas and a new shirt and a new pair of underwear.
She also brought a neat ice pack for her lunch box. How neat!


She couldn't wait to get in the tub and put on her new PJ's!  
She was so ready.

Thanks to Pinterest, I prepared a really cute simple gift for her teachers for the first day. 
I LOVE how they turned out.  I will share a tutorial in a later post.






I will definitely use this idea many more times for different holidays and occasions.

Then the big day finally arrived.
Her first day of kindergarten.
She was so excited!  She couldn't wait to go. She stays an hour longer this year and eats lunch at school.  She takes a lunch box Mon.-Thurs. and on Friday they get a hot lunch delivered from Domino's, Chick-fil-A or a locally owned restaurant up the street.  How neat!  She was very excited to take her own lunch box.

She was up early and ready to go with a big smile on her face.

There were some silly moments too!


And some "I'm so growny" moments.


After she saw me making the big sign the night before, she wanted to make her own. 
She found this mini chalkboard I had and made her very own.  Love it.



Being so goofy!


She was VERY tired when I picked her up but seemed to have a good day.
There are several people from her class last year in her room, so that is good.  
We are looking forward to a great year!

I hope if your children have started back to school, they are having a good year so far!

Until next time...








6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you ended the summer on a good note and began the school year in a positive way.

    I really like the new blog layout, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darbee is so adorable and I think it's wonderful you are all so close.
    Your teacher gifts are so neat. Pinterest has so many good ideas.
    Was her gift from her g'parents?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is she? I love the back to school fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss those days but loved reading about yours.
    Glad your Moms show ( booth) was a success.
    ((Hugs))
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Darbee's sign! I understand the closeness. My mom and I are super close and I still miss Megan like crazy when she is at school. It is nice to be able to get some things done, but I think no more then half day school would be perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete