Good evening friends. It has been a dark rainy day here. Kind of makes you want to be really lazy.
Don't you just love chocolate? Who doesn't right?
Our church had a fish fry last night and the ladies were to bring the deserts. I had no idea what to make. So....where do I turn? Pinterest of course!
Thanks to Pinterest, I made a delicious new recipe that was a big hit. Chocolate lasagna. I brought home a clean dish!
I had to share it with all of you. Yummmyyy!
Here is the picture of mine.
Oh my! Let me tell you. It was delicious!
I found the original recipe here.here.
I will share it with you also.
- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
**I did not use my food processor. I let Darbee help. She had a blast crushing them with a hammer. I put them in a double zip loc bag and she pounded away!
**I used a 16 oz. cool whip. I ended up using the entire container.
This turned out so good. I hope you like it!
I am linking up with Tammy's blog today!