May 29, 2012

Isn't It Monday?

Good afternoon everyone!  Has anyone else been confused today too?  It's been a Monday all day to me!  Ugh...It's been a good day though.  I had a very excited little girl when she woke up this morning.  
Today was her first day of cheerleading camp!  She wants to cheer so bad but isn't quite old enough to sign up for our recreation dept. flag football cheer team.  You must be 5.  So....when I heard about this cheer camp that allowed 4 year olds, I knew I had to sign her up!  It is held at the high school right up the street from us.  She was so happy.  Me...I was a little anxious, but excited for her.  You see, she's never been to any sort of camp.  This one lasts three days and is 3 hours/day.  I dropped her off this morning without a hitch.  She was very excited to be there with the "teenager girls" and learn some cheers.  

Here she is before we left this morning.  She was so happy!

When I went in to pick her up, she was still with her little group and seemed to be having a good time.  

On the way to the car, she began talking about her day and hasn't stopped since!  She had a blast.  She has shown me several cheers, shown me several exercises and talked about their activities they did.  

They got to use sidewalk chalk, color a picture, go outside to cheer and even got their own personalized water bottles!  What a fun day! She is thrilled to go back tomorrow.  The adults are invited on Thursday morning to watch a performance.  I can't wait!  Plus...a little extra bonus...she gets to ride on a float in the homecoming parade in the fall AND she also gets to cheer with the big girls at one of the high school football games in the fall!  Yahoo!

I hope all of you had a happy long weekend! 

On Sunday, We enjoyed a cookout with hubby's family.  Darbee Rae enjoyed pool time with Kelly.  
It was a lot of fun. 

On Memorial day, we enjoyed a day at home.  We worked around outside and ended  the day with a cookout with my family.  It was a fun day.

Darbee decided to help daddy wash the car and then decided to was her ride also!  
How cute!


It was also a perfect day to open up her new Barbie pool and have a pool party! 

We fired up the grill.... 

And enjoyed some homemade icecream!  
Nothin like it...delicious! 

Darbee and I went on a fun lightning bug hunt before we headed inside for the night.
A perfect day!

I hope all of you are having a great week!

Until next time....



7 comments:

  1. Oh my Baby Girl is growing up too fast. I am so excited she had a good time today. Enjoyed the cookout even though it could have been "Texas Roadhouse!" Thanks for being there with me today. You know I am not good at making decisions. Love you both
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Monica wants to be a cheerleader too. In March, they had a cheering day and she learned some cheers. Monica is a natural!!!! One time and she has it down pat. She's not looking to see what the other girls are doing...she's doing it!!!! So, I guess 2 cheerleaders in the making!!!!

    Looks like you had a good day yesterday.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Fun!! My granddaughter started out with cheer-leading this way and has been one ever since...and she will be in 7th grade next year.
    Looks like you all had a great day yesterday.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so adorable I could just squeeze her to death...ok give her a big bear hug...ok pinch her cheeks..ok just keep looking at her cute pics on your blog. She will make a fine cheerleader. Cannot wait to see her do her thing in the Fall. Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Darbee Rae looks like she's already learned a lot! Little girls are so much fun at her age!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheer camp sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sure Darbee Rae will have a blast.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you guys are really enjoying the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete