March 20, 2013

Spring Snacks

Good morning friends.  Happy first day of spring!  It does not really feel like spring here today.  It is quite cool outside and there are snow flurries in the forecast for the weekend.  What?  How crazy.  
I am up early this morning.  We are taking my aunt Kathy whom most of you have read about on my mom's blog to a different eye doctor.  She is legally blind but lately her vision has been getting progressively worse.  She is desperate to find a doctor who can tell her there is a little hope.  Please say a prayer that she will get a little good news.  

I am also up early so that I can prepare snack for Darbee's class.  This week is our week to provide snack. Their snacks must go along with the letter of the week.  What is this weeks letter?  U.  Yes.  U
What do you do for the letter U?  I turned to Pinterest immediately looking for help.  I found several cute ideas.  Today they are having an umbrella parade.  I had to find a cute snack to go along with umbrellas.  I am happy to say I did!

Look what I found.
The first is umbrella sandwiches.  They are so simple.  I purchased the Smucker's Uncrustable sandwiches.  I let them thaw just enough so that they were easy to cut in half.  Cut each sandwich in half.  Take a bendy straw and trim it to the length you want for a handle.  Insert into the sandwich.  Package as you choose!  Look how cute.


I packaged mine in clear gift sacks and tied with white curly ribbon.  I trimmed the bag so they weren't so long.  Aren't they adorable?

The next we are calling umbrella cups.
We made blue jello and poured into small clear cups.
We put them in the fridge and let them set.  Once the jello was ready, we took gummy Life Savers and inserted a teddy graham in the middle. A perfect swim ring huh?  I inserted a small paper umbrella and it's done!  I love how these turned out.  


Thanks Pinterest!

Hope these will add a spring touch to your fun foods for your kids or grands.  

Until next time....



I am linking up to Tammy's Pinned It Made It Monday!



12 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the sandwiches. April showers keep coming to mind while looking at those.

    I think Mother Nature forgot it was spring in my neck of the woods too! I keeping telling myself... soon... it has to come soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring!
    Adorable sandwiches!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little jello cups.We are having a lua party with the girls and they will be wonderfl.~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good mommy. I am so proud of you. The snacks are too cute. Darbee Rae should be tickled to take them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable, Holly! I'll have to remember those! I bet Darbee Rae was one proud girl having her mama make those for her class!

    Thanks for linking up for Pinned it Made it Monday!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER!
    Just love that idea.
    Happy Spring Friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute & fun! Thanks for sharing:)
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! What time is snack time? Sure would love to join in. You find the coolest projects!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are such great ideas! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are just so cute!
    bet the kids loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are adorable! The kids will love them. The "swimming" teddy graham is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete