November 27, 2013

Today I am Thankful

Good afternoon friends!  Happy Thanksgiving.  I know many of you are so busy in your kitchens getting ready for the big holiday. 

When I started my blog, I had no idea what direction it would go.  I never imagined there was people out there whom I had never met who would be truly interested in my life and the life of my family and people who would be so genuinely concerned when something went wrong.   Thanks to all of you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done and all of the prayers that have been sent up for my mama.  I am so thankful for each and every one of you. 

Yesterday was surgery day and it didn't go as planned.  The surgeon said he hit a blockage and was not able to complete the procedure.  So...the problem wasn't taken care of like we had hoped.  During her surgery, her blood pressure hit rock bottom and the doctor admitted she scared him.  They admitted her to keep a check on the blood pressure last night.  It just wouldn't come up!  
I was so worried and was so hoping they could do something to get it up.  They pushed IV fluids fast all night and this morning it was high enough that they felt safer.  It has stayed up all day and they are going to release her.  
What's next?  A lot.  A lot of doctor's visits and still more procedures.  They are still going to figure out a way to get the fluid and infection drained from the kidney.  
Please keep her in your prayers. 

I am thankful that she is coming home and thankful she is ok. 

I am thankful we can all be together to celebrate Thanksgiving. 
 Hubby's family has decided not to get together.  Kinda sad that families have lost that importance of being together but it is what it is.  
We will eat lunch with mama and daddy (Taking them Cracker Barrel) hehe.
Then we will eat supper with Kathy.  She has been cooking for what seems like a week!  

I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving and make great memories with your families.

9 comments:

  1. Been praying for your mamma. Even though it didn't goes as planned good to know she is home and ok. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly
    I didn't realize your Mother was having problems.
    I will definitely add her to my prayers!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no that is scary!! Tell your mom I am thinking about her. enjoy your dinner and being together.
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Baby, yes this Thanksgiving I have a little something extra to be thankful for. Although I was as disappointed as you and your daddy, I feel like it was God's will that things happened as they did. Too many prayers were going up. Thank you and Stacy for being there. You know you all are loved.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell your mom that I am praying that all goees well. God seems to know what is best sometimes. Have a great Thanksgiving at Cracker Barrel. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been saying prayers for your mom...and have left her some messages on Facebook.
    Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think things will go good for this Thanksgiving for you and your mom. God will make it a wonderful one.
    happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was disappointed too, it didn't go as planned. It was good to hear her voice though and hear her so chipper. Thanksgiving had to be good, what ever the meat consisted of. Some familieis have to work to stay together, while for some it comes so easy. never figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for your mother and so glad you were able to spend Thanksgiving together!

    ReplyDelete